Laser Skin Therapy
Laser skin therapy has become a popular cosmetic procedure which can be utilized to treat a number of different skin abnormalities. At Renew Face & Laser, Dr. Martin utilizes The BBL HERO™ Laser by Sciton and the Cortex™ CO2 Erbium YAG Laser to help patients achieve their desired esthetic results.
BBL HERO,™ Laser by Sciton
BroadBand Light™ (BBL) now with High Energy Rapid Output (HERO), quickly delivers forever results.
- The new BBL HERO™ is four times faster, delivers three times the peak power and is two times cooler than any IPL on the market.
- BBL HERO™ delivers more power, better results and faster treatment times, often with fewer treatments needed.
- The results are comfortable, fast and effective with low to no downtime.
BBL Forever Young+™
Stop the clock on the appearance of aging skin! Forever Young BBL™ is a revolutionary treatment that sends light energy deep into the skin to boost your body’s natural ability to fight aging. It is the only treatment proven by two studies. Forever Young BBL™ is not just for women and men who have cumulative sun damage. It also has PREJUVENATION™ benefits to keep young skin looking young. Its advantages are:
- Correcting sun damage and the visible signs of aging skin
- Improving skin tone, texture, elasticity and pigmentation
- Zero patient downtime
- A great preventative regimen – “Prejuvenation” – for keeping young skin looking young
Worried your freckles, age spots or rosacea make you look less radiant and older? With BBL™ they will be a thing of the past! The light energy delivered by BBL™ will stimulate cells to regenerate, and typically with the first treatment you will start to see smoother, more even and vibrant skin. The photothermal energy will eliminate fine vessels that cause redness and reduce unwanted melanin that produces age and sunspots. Your skin will feel smoother, fine lines and pores will be less noticeable and sunspots or uneven pigmentation will fade. BBL Corrective™ works on:
- Correcting age spots and redness
- Pigmented lesions such as dyschromia and ephelides
- Vascular lesions such as rosacea, telangietasia and cherry angiomas
- Deeper lesions on darker skin types
BBL Forever Clear™
Get rid of acne with the speed of light! Forever Clear BBL™ is a cutting-edge acne treatment that uses the power of light to comfortably and effectively clear acne without creams or medicine. Forever Clear BBL™ uses a unique three-step process using blue, yellow and infra-red light.
- Get rid of acne
- Reduce acne scars
- Destroy acne-causing bacteria
- Reduce inflammation and redness
- Dispense with expensive creams and harmful chemicals
Time to up your skin care routine. MOXI™ is the easy way to “prejuvenate” your skin. Moxi is the latest way to revitalize and refresh your skin’s appearance by correcting uneven pigmentation and improving tone and texture. Moxi™ comfortably delivers non-ablative laser energy to revitalize all skin types by correcting the initial signs of sun damage and aging, no matter the season or your skin type. You’ll love the fact that this lunchtime procedure can fit into your active lifestyle any time of year. Moxi™:
- Is fast and easy with low-to-no downtime
- Is comfortable – may require anesthetic cream
- Has a simple post care regimen – stay out of the sun
- Allows makeup to be applied 24 hours post treatment
Cortex Laser Resurfacing
The Cortex is the ultimate skin resurfacing work station because it offers the versatility of both fractional CO2 and Erbium YAG. These two lasers can be used together or separately to tailor each treatment to achieve a specific goal and allotted downtime.
What does Laser Resurfacing treat?
- Sun-damaged skin
- Aging skin
- Skin texture irregularities such as large pore size and acne scarring
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Pigmented lesions (dark spots)
- Surgical or traumatic scars
Benefits of Laser Treatments
- It’s quick, with most treatments taking less than an hour
- Treats multiple abnormalities with one procedure
- Immediate results with continuous improvement over time
Erbium YAG Laser (superficial resurfacing)
The Erbium YAG laser procedure provides mild to moderate skin resurfacing and is great for treating sun damaged skin, dark spots, fine lines and atrophic acne scars. This treatment provides a superficial resurfacing with minimal downtime. Results include smoother, younger looking skin with a decrease in dark spots and sun damage.
Fractional CO2 Laser (deep resurfacing)
The Cortex Fractional CO2 laser coupled with the Erbium YAG is the ultimate skin resurfacing treatment. It is used to treat deep wrinkles, acne scars, fine lines, sun damage and skin texture irregularities. Cortex delivers energy to both the outer and inner layers of skin, stimulating the production of collagen and triggering skin cell turnover. Young, healthy, radiant skin will appear as your skin heals and will continue to improve over time as the skin rejuvenates itself. Typical downtime after this procedure could be several days to a week depending on the intensity of the indicated treatment.
How long will treatment take?
Treatment usually takes 30-45 minutes.
What to expect the day of treatment
Patients arrive approximately 30 minutes prior to their scheduled treatment time for thorough facial wash and application of topical anesthetic. Most patients describe treatment as a warm, sharp sensation that is well tolerated because of the topical anesthetic. Most patients look and feel like they have a sunburn for a few days after treatment, and peeling varies depending on the intensity of treatment. Detailed post treatment skin care instructions will be given, and most patients typically prepare for three days of downtime but experience minimal to no discomfort.